The 3rd National Capability Development Summit is set to open today November 9, 2016 in Tacloban City. Aimee Nadela, President of the Davao del Norte ICT Council, Province of Davao del Norte and Managing Director of SiBs will join the said event. This is made possible by the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT).
The National Capability Development Summit is part of DICT’s continuous capability building initiative. It aims to strengthen synergy and also strong collaboration between the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP) ICT Council members and DICT. They also emphasize on Field Operations Offices (FOOs) in the development, promotion and implementation of ICT programs and projects in the countryside.
The workshop aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To review and evaluate the implementation of 2016 programs and projects based on the 2015 National Capability Development Summit proposed projects;
- To craft action plans and propose programs and projects for 2017 and beyond based on the new thrust and strategic directions of DICT;
- To enhance strategic communication capacities among ICT Councils and FOOs for better implementation of DICT’s programs and projects;
- To discuss and reinforce the roles of ICT Councils and FOOs in the various initiatives of the DICT;
- To provide an avenue for ICT councils to maximize national partnerships through local implementation of partnerships and agreements; and
- To share and harness best practices among ICT Councils and FOOs in the areas of talent development, partnership-building, marketing and promotions, job creation, startup and technopreneurship, Rural Impact Sourcing and ICT4Development.
Varied speakers and ICT experts are expected to grace the summit. Mr. Monchito B. Ibrahim, Executive Consultant of the Department of Information and Communications Technology will be there to deliver his welcome address. Ms. Penny Bongato, Executive Director for Talent Development Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines will present the Roadmap 2022. The President of the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines, Ms. Emmy Lou V. Delfin will give the digitalPH 2016 Accomplishment Report. There will be an overview on Tech4Ed programs and activities which will be delivered by Dir. Maria Teresa Camba.
More than the informative talks and setting directions for the country’s ICT, this is also a good venue for networking and collaboration. It will be one productive day. And surely, SiBs will be in the frontline to know the trend and where the ICT of the country will be going.